Queen’s University is located in the city of Kingston on the traditional land of the Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee peoples. It is one of the oldest universities in Canada and a popular contemporary hub for academic research in Kingston. The campus is deeply amalgamated into the city’s regional economy, social, and cultural fabric.
The University ranks 209th in the list of QS World University Ranking 2023 and stands on a stone of fantastic discovery and innovation. The university focuses on enriching the diverse community of international students and tackling global challenges. It is also home to some of the Nobel Prize winners.
So, if you are intrigued to study in Canada, Queens University can be a great option for you. In this article, you will get a brief insight into pursuing a bachelor’s at this incredible university. So, stay glued and read further.
Before knowing the popular study areas and undergraduate programs let us warm up with some quick facts.
- The university was founded in 1841.
- The University has more than 4,000 international students from over 101 countries around the world.
- Queen’s University is a member of the U15 group of research-intensive Canadian university.
- The university has 24 research centres and institutes.
- The university offers 77 undergraduate programs.
Popular Study Areas
Queen’s University is popular for its outstanding academic curriculum and research prospects. The university offers you an unmatched mixture of opportunities with dynamic faculties, an innovative learning space, a chance to participate in numerous clubs, and much more. The university offers you a variety of study areas, for better understanding we have mentioned them below.
- Social Sciences
- Concurrent Education
- Creative Arts
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Life and Physical Sciences
- Languages and Cultures
Now let us glance at some popular undergraduate programs offered by Queens University
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Engineering – Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering – Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science – Astrophysics
- Bachelor of Arts – Computing and the Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Arts – Music
- Bachelor of Arts – Geography
- Bachelor of Arts – History
- Bachelor of Science – Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Bachelor of Arts – Political Studies
After glancing at the popular study areas and undergraduate programs let us now look at the scholarships offered by Queen’s University.
Since higher education abroad is a major financial undertaking, and many international students have the potential to shine academically, there are some students who are unable to fully fiancé their tuition fees. However, Queen’s University is helping reduce this barrier by offering numerous scholarships in Canada to international students so that they can focus on their studies and achieve their goals successfully.
- Principal’s Scholarship
- Queen’s University International Admission Scholarship
- Principal’s International Scholarship – India
Thus, the above-mentioned are some popular universities. Now let us move ahead to learn about research prospects at Queens University.
Queens University focuses on pressing global challenges with creativity, curiosity, and determination. However, the university ranks 3rd in the Time Higher Education Impact Rankings 2023. The university offers numerous research prospects and is currently working on Atroparticle physics, preserving the past, climate action, materials science, and green investments. This leads international students to experience practical knowledge and upskill themselves in their chosen discipline.
Queens University is a door to numerous opportunities for international students. If you wish to know more about this university, you can reach out to the Study Abroad Consultants. They will assist you and help you choose the best course option. Good luck!