Photo by amychyde on Pixabay
As a former tenant, I understand the stress that comes with moving out of a rental property. Not only do you have to pack up your entire life and move to a new location, but you also have to ensure that your old place is spotless and ready for the next tenant. Move-out cleaning is a critical part of the moving process, and it’s essential to ensure that it passes inspection. In this article, I’ll share tips and tricks on how to ensure your move out cleaning passes inspection in Melbourne.
Understanding the Inspection Process
Before you start cleaning, it’s essential to understand the inspection process. Most landlords or property managers will conduct a walk-through of the property after you move out to assess any damages or cleaning required. They will use a checklist to ensure that everything is in good condition before returning your security deposit. To ensure that your move-out cleaning passes inspection, you must be familiar with the inspection checklist used by your landlord or property manager.
Cleaning Checklist for a Successful Move-Out
Now that you understand the inspection process, it’s time to start cleaning. To ensure that your move-out cleaning passes inspection, you must have a checklist of all the cleaning tasks required. Here’s a list of cleaning tasks that you should include on your checklist:
- Dusting and wiping down all surfaces, including countertops, cabinets, and shelves.
- Cleaning all kitchen appliances, including the oven, stove, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Scrubbing the bathroom, including the shower, tub, sink, and toilet.
- Sweeping and mopping all floors.
- Removing all trash and debris from the property.
Cleaning Tools and Supplies You’ll Need
Now that you have a cleaning checklist, it’s time to gather the tools and supplies you’ll need to get the job done. Here are some essential cleaning tools and supplies that you’ll need:
- A vacuum cleaner
- A mop and bucket
- Cleaning cloths and sponges
- All-purpose cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Bathroom cleaner
- Oven cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Trash bags
Tips for Tackling Tough Cleaning Tasks
Some cleaning tasks can be more challenging than others, such as cleaning the oven or removing stains from carpet. Here are some tips for tackling tough cleaning tasks:
- To clean the oven, remove the racks and spray the inside with oven cleaner. Let it sit for a few hours, then wipe it out with a damp cloth.
- To remove stains from carpet, mix equal parts water and vinegar and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes, then blot it with a clean cloth.
Common Mistakes to Avoid During Move-Out Cleaning
When it comes to move-out cleaning, there are some common mistakes that tenants make that can result in a failed inspection. Here are some mistakes to avoid:
- Not cleaning the inside of the oven or refrigerator.
- Forgetting to clean the baseboards.
- Leaving behind personal belongings and trash.
- Not cleaning the bathroom thoroughly.
- Ignoring the windows and blinds.
Hiring Professional Cleaners vs. DIY Cleaning
Deciding whether to hire professional cleaners or do the cleaning yourself is a personal choice. If you have the time and the energy, DIY cleaning can save you money. However, if you’re short on time or don’t have the necessary tools and supplies, hiring professional cleaners might be the best option. Professional cleaners have the expertise and equipment to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
How to Choose the Right Cleaning Service for Your Move-Out
If you decide to hire professional cleaners, it’s essential to choose the right cleaning service. Here are some factors to consider:
- Experience: Look for a cleaning service with years of experience in move-out cleaning.
- Reputation: Check online reviews and ask for references to ensure that the cleaning service has a good reputation.
- Insurance: Make sure that the cleaning service is insured in case of any damages or accidents.
- Price: Compare prices from different cleaning services to ensure that you’re getting a fair price.
Frequently Asked Questions About Move-Out Cleaning in Melbourne
Here are some frequently asked questions about move-out cleaning in Melbourne:
How much does move-out cleaning cost in Melbourne?
The cost of move out cleaning in Melbourne can vary depending on the size of the property and the level of cleaning required. On average, move-out cleaning can cost between $200 and $500.
How long does move-out cleaning take?
The time it takes to complete move-out cleaning can vary depending on the size of the property and the level of cleaning required. On average, move-out cleaning can take between 4 to 8 hours.
What happens if the move-out cleaning fails inspection?
If the move-out cleaning fails inspection, the landlord or property manager will provide you with a list of cleaning tasks that need to be completed before returning your security deposit.
Conclusion: Tips for a Successful Move-Out Cleaning and Inspection Pass
Move-out cleaning can be a daunting task, but with the right tools and tips, it can be a breeze. Remember to understand the inspection process, have a cleaning checklist, gather the necessary tools and supplies, and avoid common mistakes. If you’re short on time or don’t have the energy, consider hiring professional cleaners. And always remember to choose the right moving out cleaners Melbourne service that fits your needs and budget. With these tips, you’ll be able to ensure that your move-out cleaning passes inspection in Melbourne.