Australia is not just popular for its thriving economy and technological advancement but also for its world-class educational institutions. The University of Adelaide was established in the year 1874 and has ranked among the top 100 in the QS World Ranking 2024.
The university is one of the oldest universities in Australia and its key focus is to provide excellent education to young minds. However, the university is the first to admit women to all the courses and the first to offer degrees in business and science.
If you are intrigued to study in Australia the University of Adelaide can be a great pick for you. Thus, this article will take you on a quick voyage to this incredible university. So, stay glued and read further.
The University of Adelaide is one of the top-ranked universities in Australia. So, let us glance at its Global Rankings.
- The University of Adelaide ranks 89th in the QS World University Ranking 2024
- It ranks 74th in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings
- It ranks 88th in Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- It ranks 90th in the UNSW Aggregate Ranking of Top Universities
- It ranks among the 151-200 in the list of ShanghaiRanking Academic Ranking of World Universities
- The University ranks among the top 100 for the 16 academic subjects in the US New Best Global Universities Ranking
- It ranks among the top 100 for the 14 academic subjects in the QS World University Rankings by Subject
- It ranks among the top 100 for the 6 academic subjects in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject
- It ranks among the top 100 for the 15 academic subjects in ShanghaiRanking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects
Facts and Figures
- The University of Adelaide is home to 23,905 students which comprises 30% of international students.
- There is a total of 6,988 program completion
- The university is the first to establish a conservatorium of music.
After knowing the World Rankings and some of the facts and figures of the University, let us know about the popular study areas for bachelor’s and master’s programs.
Popular Study Areas
Being a part of the University of Adelaide, you will experience a rich tradition of brilliance in learning and research, with excellent academics and a vibrant student life. The university offers you 28 study areas with numerous undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Thus, to give you a better idea we have mentioned some of the popular study areas below.
- Accounting and Finance
- Biomedical Science and Biotechnology
- Environment and Sustainability
- Health and Medical
- Humanities and Social Science
- Mathematical sciences
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Public Health
As we can see almost all study areas are covered by the university. Moreover, there are numerous research prospects as well. However, you can Study in Australia with scholarships that will help you fund your education. Thus, let us have a quick few on funding options offered by the University of Adelaide.
The University of Adelaide is dedicated to extending learning opportunities to international students by aiding them financially in the form of scholarships. However, we have shed light on some of the popular scholarships for international students below.
- Global Citizens Scholarship
- Family Scholarships
- Alumni Scholarship
- Global Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship
- Eynesbury College International Scholarship
- The University of Adelaide College International Scholarship
- The University of Adelaide College High Achiever Progression Scholarship
- Higher Education Scholarships
Pursuing higher education at the University of Adelaide will open gates to numerous opportunities for international students. If you wish to be a part of this incredible university, you can reach out to the top study-abroad consultants. They will guide you with all the information related to cost of education in Australia and all the details related to the University of Adelaide. We hope this article was helpful, good luck!